What We Offer
A platform for lean and fast evaluation of disruptive ideas, providing:
- a one-stop partnership for explorative technology projects and proof-of-concept demonstrations,
- proven expertise in design, fabrication, characterization, and demonstration of photonic micro- and nanosystems,
- a comprehensive service, ranging from basic feasibility studies to first prototypes, technology transfer, and ramp-up of production,
- the innovative spirit and scientific infrastructure of one of Europe’s largest research institutions in the field of engineering and natural sciences
Who We Are
Prof. Dr. Christian Koos, Philipp Dietrich, Muhammad Rodlin Billah, Matthias Blaicher
PILOT-3D builds upon the expertise of leading research groups in the area of photonic integration and the associated applications:
- KIT Institute of Microstructure Technology (IMT) provides more than 25 years of experience in microsystems design, manufacturing and characterization in an cleanroom environment.
- KIT Institute of Photonics and Quantum Electonics (IPQ) is a leading institution in the fields of terabit/s optical communications, optical metrology, and teratronics.